Thursday, November 12, 2009

Days of Little Texas by R. A. Nelson

Ronald Earl is a sixteen year old preaching prodigy. He's young and from Texas, and this is how the nickname Little Texas comes to be. Not only is he a great preacher, he has amazing healing powers. Just by laying his hands on someone they can be instantly healed. He travels around doing sermons with his friends Certain Certain, Sugar Tom, and Wanda Joy. People come from miles away just to hear the famous Little Texas and have their ailments cured. One girl Little Texas thought he cured is appearing everywhere he goes. Little Texas begins to wonder if maybe he didn't heal her- could she be a ghost that has come back to haunt him?

Wow I really loved Days of Little Texas. It was an exciting mix of adventure, romance, religion, hope, and family. There was a lot of excitement and adventure that kept me guessing and more than once I was reading at the edge of my seat. The plot was original and I learned a lot of new things. Nelson pulled the reader in from the first page and wouldn't let them go until the last.

The characters were all great. Well developed with their own personalities, they stuck in my head long after I finished the novel. Not only was the book exciting with great characters, but Nelson's writing style was fantastic. The descriptions of all the scenes and characters were awesome, and I could picture it all in my head as I was reading, which made the book that much better. A haunting story, I highly recommend Days of Little Texas to everyone.

Reviewer Age:15
Reviewer City, State and Country: Hightstown, New Jersey USA