Saturday, October 17, 2009

Forest Born by Shannon Hale

Rin thinks there's something incredibly wrong with her, something that makes her bad. She's felt this way ever since she compelled two people to do things they didn't want to. When her brother Razo visits from the city, she travels back with him, hoping to find peace. She becomes a lady-in-waiting to the queen and sometimes tends her son, Tusken. However, a possible war causes her to help Queen Isi of Bayern, Dasha, and Enna, the Fire Sisters, when they journey to the country of Kel, which seems to be the source of the war.

I really enjoyed this book. I thought that the tree-speaking ability seemed quite interesting and the plot was pretty good. I still think that I enjoyed Shannon Hale's The Goose Girl a bit more, but Forest Born was still excellent. The characters were believable and real, as were the issues they faced. There are unexpected plot twists that make the book quite suspenseful. I would definitely recommend this book to any fans of Shannon Hale. I can't wait for her next book

Reviewer Age:16
Reviewer City, State and Country: Charleston, SC US