Monday, September 07, 2009

My Name Is Jason. Mine Too. by Jason Reynolds and Jason Griffin

My Name Is Jason. Mine Too, is a story about two men who make their way living as artists. Their story is told in a book of poems and paintings. Each poem and painting symbolize a different chapter in their lives. As artists, friends and practically brothers, both Jasons decide to write a book together. This book shows the struggle of how they had to live on their own in a fun, interesting way.

My Name Is Jason. Mine Too, is a great book. I was disappointed when I finished because I wanted there to be more. While reading this book I don't think I put it down once. Every page was different. They were creative, interesting and they were all unique. This book does not compare to any books I have read lately. The books I have read have not been based on art, while this is filled with different types of poetry and paintings. I think the only weakness I found was in one of the poems I didn't understand its concept. Other then that I thought it was interesting and might be one of the only books I have liked all the way up to the end.

Reviewer Age:15

Reviewer City, State and Country: Sandy, Oregon United States