Sunday, August 16, 2009

Alvor by Laura Bingham

Twins Erin and Bain were out exploring in the hills by their home when they found a mysterious cabin. They slowly went inside to investigate the beautiful cabin. Once inside they are introduced to many creatures that people never thought existed! Erin and Bain discover that they were picked to be the chosen ones for the land called the Kingdom, and they needed to start training right away. After they train they discover they have many gifts that allow them to do various things, that's when they find out about the evil forces in the Kingdom. Bain and Erin must decide whether to leave their normal life or their new magical life, it's a hard decision, what will they decide....

In Alvor, the setting is in the summer time in the hills of the North East, Bingham described this setting with such words that made it seem that she was there herself to experience the beauty of this region. Mrs. Bingham also made the mood of the book very user friendly so that it was hard to not stop reading the book when I should've returned back into real life. Erin and Bain are some of my most favorite characters in the world! They are so real and vivid that I thought I could call them up and talk with them, but they are fake so they don't have a number. The voice of the narrator's voice had a tone that was very magical in it's way of sharing the story. It was really cool that the voice was like this.

I thought the author did everything that this book was ment to do. Bingham described the world of Alvor with such detail that I couldn't hardly believe that is wasn't true. Alvor has many strong points to it, such as the amazing characters and the bond that Bain and Erin share. But this book had very minimal flaws, the plot seemed that it wasn't done when she finished writing the book. Bingham was hopefully leaving it off so she could write a sequel, hopefully! I've read many fantasy books and this is one of the best I've ever read! I thought that Mrs. Bingham could've given Bain and Erin more powers and explained them. I would definitely recommend Alvor to anyone that loves a wonderful fantasy and that enjoys just a good book. This has been one of my favorite books to read and I can't wait for a sequel

Reviewer Age:14

Reviewer City, State and Country: Paynesville, MN United States of America