Thursday, April 09, 2009

Whispers from the Bay

Whispers from the Bay by John Tkac, is an adventure book. The main character, Mike Connelly finds out he can communicate with the dolphins in the Florida Bay. Mike fell into the water; when the dolphins came to help him he realized he could read their thoughts and they could read his thoughts. With the dolphins help Mike learns to study and wins a spelling bee. Mike reads to the dolphins. Mike learns a very important secret about the dolphins. A friend of Mike's disappears and Mike must keep the secret and find his friend.

This book will not go on my list of favorite books. I thought I would like it from the information about the plot but it was difficult to follow most of the time. I think the dolphin names and the italics used when they spoke bothered me. The adventure in the book was not too exciting. I was not drawn into the story right away. I had to keep reading through several chapters before it got even a little interesting. I honestly would not recommend the book to anyone but I am sure there would be others who might like it.

Reviewer Age:11
Reviewer City, State and Country: Leopold, MO USA