Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Summer I Turned Pretty

For Belly, summers are the only thing that matters. Everything good happens then. During the summer, she gets to see Conrad and Jeremiah, they are the boys that Belly has known since her first summer at the beach house. They've been everything to Belly, brothers figures to crushes. This is the summer that Belly has finally turned pretty and she wants this to be the perfect summer. During this one summer, though, this wonderful and terrible summer, everything changes. As everything changes, the more things end up turning out just the way they should have all along.

In The Summer I Turned Pretty, complex situations are throughout the whole story. You could imagine yourself at the setting. You can imagine the characters as people, too. The author did not give much detail at some points in the story, though. I would've liked to get a better idea in my head about what the beach house looked like and what the characters were wearing. The ending could have been better. The ending made me wonder how things worked out in the end. In an overall review, I enjoyed the book very much. The Summer I Turned Pretty, was a page turner. I learned from this book that sometimes, what you've been wanting has been right in front of you all along. I recommend this book to young, female adult readers that enjoy romances and a some comedy along with it.

Reviewer Age:12

Reviewer City, State and Country: Fairborn, Ohio United States