Friday, February 06, 2009

Too Many Curses by A. Lee Martinez

Too Many Curses by A. Lee Martinez is a whimsical fantasy adventure of a kobold named Nessy. Nessy is short, furry, and sensible. She takes care of the castle with a crazy wizard only known as Margle the Horrendous. Oddly enough he finds no fun in killing his opponents; instead he transforms them into cursed forms and locks them up in his castle. When Margle suddenly dies, Nessy still takes charge of the monsters and the horrors of the castle. Though her allies don't help her either—a voice without a body, a monster under her bed, some pieces of a wizard in a jar, and an angry fruit bat. Join her in her mission to put her foot down to control these horrors!


I really liked this book. It had a lot of imagery; so much that I kept thinking I was watching a movie. Sometimes I would be thinking about it, and I would say to myself, what movie was that? And then I would remember that it was this great book. This book makes you feel like you are tagging along with these characters in an adventure to keep everything safe. I would recommend this book to everyone who enjoys fantasy or wants to pick up a good read.


Reviewer Age: 16

Reviewer Cities, State and Country: Northport, New York USA