Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Devil's Breath by David Gilman

When an assassin tries to kill Max Gordon while he's out on a run, Max knows his life will never be the same. Finding out his dad is missing only proves his point. A wild goose chase to find his father leads him to Namibia, where he meets a bushman named !Koga, and quickly befriends him. !Koga and Max together try to find his dad, who they discover may have uncovered evidence that proves Shaka Chang is behind a mass ecological disaster and will kill millions unless the evidence is found. Will !Koga and Max be able to save Max's dad, along with the millions Shaka Chang is out to kill? The Devils Breath by David Gilman is the only way for you to find out!
I was pleasantly surprised by The Devil's Breath. I am not a big fan of action/adventure, so I didn't think I would enjoy the book. Boy was I wrong! I was unable to put the book down! It kept me on my toes and had me guessing, all while feeling a connection with the main character Max Gordon. The twists and turns made it unpredictable, and I was shocked in almost every chapter. Anyone who wants an exciting, well-written, and all-around great book needs to grab a copy of The Devil's Breath, by David Gilman.

Reviewer Age:14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Casa Grande, Arizona USA