Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's A Money Thing by Women's Foundation of California

"It's a Money Thing," is a non-fiction book, aimed at girls and young women, to teach them about money management. It teaches how to successfully start a business, put money into a savings account (and the benefits of doing so), and even buy and manage stocks. The book also demonstrates how to figure taxes, cost of living, and even provides job ideas and benefits. This book is a fill-in-the-blank book, and there are many useful activities. For example, you can pick out a job, salary, home, car, and then see how taxes affect the money you have to save or spend.

I absolutely loved this book. The way that money matters were explained made sense. Income tax, salary, sales tax, all these things used to be a mystery to me. With the help of "It's a Money Thing," I now have a better understanding because I applied the exercises to my life. I am now running my lawn-mowing and babysitting jobs like a business and managing my profits more effectively. "It's a Money Thing" is a great tool for all young women!

Reviewer Age: 13

Reviewer City, State and Country: Renton, Washington USA