Friday, May 16, 2008

From Alice to Zen and Everyone in Between by Elizabeth Atkinson

When Alice Bunt moves from the city to the suburbs, she thinks life is going to be perfect. Boy, is she wrong. Alice runs into Zen, a boy from down the street, and he gives the tomboy some information about middle school. They take some magazine quizzes to figure out who Alice should be friends with. It turns out that the results are way wrong and Alice learns not to be what everybody else is, but to act as an individual.

I think From Alice to Zen and Everyone in Between is a great book. Elizabeth Atkinson convinced me that the characters were real. Plus, I can relate to Alice and her adventures. This book has a very interesting story line which led to me not being able to put it down. I would recommend this book to anybody who is looking for a nice, easy summer read.

Reviewer Age:12

Reviewer City, State and Country: Oakmont, Pennsylvania United States