Friday, March 28, 2008

Undone

Her eighth grade year changes Serena Moore's life forever. A chance meeting introduces her to Kori Kitzler, known to the students as "The Dark Angel" of her school. The two girls soon become inseparable, even as Kori begins to spiral out of control several years later. When a tragic car accident leaves Serena alone she has to find a way to cope. That is when she discovers a list that Kori left behind. The cryptic list contains five things Kori wanted to accomplish. Serena sets out to finish her best friend's tasks. Along the way she discovers more about Kori and, more importantly, about herself.

As soon as I began reading this book, I became certain it was going to receive a glowing review. It was a captivating story with a lot of emotion. At one point, I was so touched that I called my best friend in the middle of the night to tell her how much I loved her and that she absolutely must buy Undone as soon as she could. The story was told from Serena's point of view which made it all the more engaging. It had a pleasant mixture of humor and drama. The vocabulary used was also refreshing, as it was accurate with teenage jargon. I would recommend this book to any teenagers, especially girls. Even though I am usually not a fan of realistic fiction, I enjoyed this novel thoroughly.

This book contains profanity, drug use, and sexual references.

Rating: 10

Reviewer Age: 14

Reviewer City, State and Country: Chambersburg, PA United States