Saturday, March 22, 2008

Knowing Joseph

When Autistic first grader, Joseph, gets teased and bullied, Brian, his older brother, has to fend for him. Brian has to go out in public with Joseph even when he's kicking and screaming. A bully, named Louis, always makes fun of Brian for having a 'stupid' brother. If Joseph was normal, Brian would be able to go into public without being embarrassed and wouldn't get in trouble with Louis. When Brian goes camping with the family, he thinks it's going to be a horrible trip, because he doesn't get to bring a friend along. But then he meets Billy. Billy's best friend's brother is autistic, also. He knows all about kids like Joseph. Brian, Joseph, and Billy have adventures together. Read Knowing Joseph and find out what they do.


Opinion: Knowing Joseph is a great read. I read it in two sittings just because I never wanted to put it down. After reading it, I know so much more about autism than I had before. I can relate to Brian, because he’s a normal kid, just like me. Sometimes, you feel like nobody knows what is happening to you. Then, a kid like Billy comes around and makes you realize that you’re not alone. All in all, I would recommend Knowing Joseph to everybody, no matter what age.

Content:1

Rating: (0 - 10 scale): 8

Reviewer Age: 11

Reviewer City, State and Country: Oakmont, Pennsylvania United States