Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Telling Pool

Rhodri Falcon gets lost at the village fair and meets a
blind blacksmith. The blacksmith tells him of the Telling
Pool, which is a magic spring that a few chosen people can
see the past, present, and future. Rhodri's father has to go
fight in the Crusades and Rhodri doesn't want to stay in the
village. He wants to be a hero. He learns information in the
pool and when his father comes back he is a bitter person.
Rhodri has to use the knowledge he learned to save his dad.
He must also find the one sword that will save his country.
Without taking on his destiny the whole country might die.

I thought this book was an excellent read. The author
used many, many adjectives to describe the setting and it
was done extremely well. Not only was I visualizing the
setting, I could feel what was going on around me. The
narrator was very detailed in everything. My favorite part
of the whole story were the words. The writing was very
beautiful. I have never read a book that took place in this
time period so it was interesting to read about how people
acted and what they did. The story was very exciting and was
a page turner. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a
little bit of fantasy with adventure. It was wonderful!

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 7

Reviewer Age:14

Reviewer City, State and Country: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
United States