Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Spanking Shakespeare by Jake Wizner

Spanking Shakespeare is an amusing, and witty book. It is written in first person, as a boy who is trying to survive his senior year in high school. The boy writes memoirs, college essays, and obituaries for his classes. It seems like his life is just one big joke. (He hates his name, he was born on Hilter's birthday, he doesn't have a girlfriend, and he still can't figure out how to blow his nose!) I think Jake Wizner is a talented author, because he teaches us that it's okay to laugh at ourselves once in a while!

When I first started reading Spanking Shakespeare, I thought it was a funny and an interesting book. But as I read further some of the content was inappropriate for girls my age. The book got to a point where I did not feel comfortable reading it any more. I would suggest that the author cut out some of the offensive parts, and replace them with his hilarious jokes. Also I would change the age group to 14 years and older, and direct it to male readers.

Content: See my review.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 7
Reviewer Age: 13
Reviewer City, State and Country: Renton, WA USA