Monday, October 29, 2007

King of the Lost and Found

Raymond Dunne sneezes. A lot. And he's prone to nosebleeds and fainting, too. Sure, people notice him...but not exactly for the right reasons. So Raymond comes up with a daring plan...and if it works, everyone in school will know his name. With the help of popular-but troubled-grade twelve student Jack Alexander, Raymond begins the transformation from lonely nerd to the only guy who can get you into the hottest club in town. A club that unites the cool and the hopelessly uncool. But how long will it last? And what will Raymond do without it?

King of the Lost and Found was a very funny and insightful book. Every chapter held a new and unexpected surprise. At first, I wasn't really drawn into it, but after a few chapters I was hooked. King of the Lost and Found had such unique characters and an interesting plot. The characters were very realistic and humorous to read about, especially Raymond. Reading this book gave me a sense of hope that even if I'm not necessarily the most popular, I can still come out on top by being myself, being loyal, and just being a friend. I think everyone should read this book.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 7

Reviewer Age:16

Reviewer City, State and Country: Leopold, MO 63760