Sunday, July 29, 2007

Starnge Relations by Sonia Levitin

Strange Relations is a book of faith and believing in yourself. Marne’s parents are going away for the summer and Marne has no where to go. Then she remembers her mysterious Aunt Carol in Hawaii. What Marne finds there is not what she expected. Everything is different, the girls wear long skirts and long sleeved shirts, they have way too many kids, and the are very religious. When an accident happens Marne finally learns what it is like to have faith.

This book for me was especially interesting because I was born and lived in Hawaii for a short period of time. And so it is fun for me to read about Hawaiian religion. But it wasn’t what I expected. It was good but I don’t think the author really thought about other things like all the characters feelings etc. I just had a feeling that the author rushed into things.

Content: fatih-based

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 5

Reviewer Age: 12
Reviewer City, State and Country: Minooka, IL