Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Summer To Die by Lois Lowry

Meg and Molly are teenage sisters, and as typical sisters they have many disagreements. Then to make matters worse they move to a small house in the country where they have to share a room. Then Molly got sick. Meg thinks that is some kind of flu and she will get better, and with all the extra attention Meg starts to feel jealous. But Molly does not get better and she keeps getting more irritable. Meg eventually learns that Molly will not get better. Meg decides that she needs to show Molly how she really feels before it’s too late.

This is an excellent book. It is one of the best books I have read in a long time. It was very interesting and kept my attention the whole way through. At the end of each chapter I couldn't wait to get to the next. This book made me feel like Molly was my sister and I was dealing with all the trouble, it made me feel the hurt after Molly had died. My favorite character was Will Banks. He had a great personality and was very caring to everyone. Then ending to it was very strong and meaningful. I think the theme of this book is that: simply by loving and appreciating life are able to allow death.

Content: This is a very good book yet I think it is more suitable for young adult readers because of some adult situations. It has a lot of content of death but it iis presented in a gentle good way.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 9

Reviewer Age: 14
Reviewer City, State and Country: Carlisle, Pennsylvania USA