Sunday, July 10, 2005

Gypsy Prince: War Horse by Tom Townsend

In the book, Gypsy Prince, an innocent horse is thrown into WWII. He was not prepared, but he adjusts quickly in training camp. Gypsy Prince thinks all of the drills are like games. When he really goes into war, he learns otherwise. He goes from a Nazi warhorse to a food cart puller. He even goes to the American side for a little. Gypsy Prince continues wandering, until he finds some trace of his old, peaceful life.

I loved this book. I thought it was kind of like Black Beauty. A horse goes from owner to owner, meeting up with his past now and then. It was great. I enjoyed hearing what war was like for Gypsy Prince. However, I didn't like that the horse was on Germany's side, although I guess he really wasn't for the ideas of the Nazis.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 8

Reviewer Age: 12

Reveiw by: RC